Star Pillow Tutorial

I found a picture of these star shaped pillows on Pinterest, and of course it linked back to a photo only and not a tutorial. So I figure...

I found a picture of these star shaped pillows on Pinterest, and of course it linked back to a photo only and not a tutorial. So I figured it out and am posting one for you guys!
I love love love how they turned out, and they were sooo easy!

STAR PILLOW TUTORIAL
What you need:
A Star shaped pattern
Fabric (I used plain Muslin, it was cheap and came in the colors I wanted)
Stuffing
Sewing supplies (pins, scissors, sewing machine)

I created my own star pattern. It is about 28 inches from point to point.
Pin pattern to the fabric.
Cut.
Repeat as many times as you need to make however many pillows you chose to make.
Once all of the star pieces are cut out, pin two to each other.
Repeat until they're all pinned.
Sew around each star, leaving about 3/4 an inch between the seam and the edge of the fabric.
Leave a 5 inch opening unsewn so you can stuff the pillow (shown in two pictures down).
Stuff.
I used about 1 1/2 50 gram bags of stuffing for 5 pillows.
Once the pillow is stuffed completely,
push the stuffing down into the star from the triangle that has the opening.
This way you can sew the opening shut using your machine and the stuffing won't get in the way.
Afterwards, I shook the star with the unstuffed triangle facing down in order to fill it back up.
Then I kind of pushed the stuffing around to even it all out.
Pretty easy!
I might make some more :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images