Ice Skating

I loved to ice skate when I was younger. Honestly, I don't remember when I learned, maybe sometime in grade school? I know that in ...

I loved to ice skate when I was younger.
Honestly, I don't remember when I learned, maybe sometime in grade school?
I know that in middle school I was at the rink all the time,
and in the early years of high school.
My girlfriends and I would be at open skate every single weekend,
flirting with all of the hockey players, haha.
I loved it though, and it is something that I hope P will love as well.

Today went pretty well.
I put my skates on first so he could see me walk in them, then I laced up his.
He honestly got up and just started walking all over the place, haha.
After a few minutes, we attempted the ice.
He was scared at first and wouldn't really do it, so I skated around and he watched me from the bench.
After a while, we left the rink to get a drink and he found the vending machine.
Light bulb.
I bought him some Mike and Ike's, and we headed back to the rink.
I would give him one, tell him to put it in his mouth, 
and then position his hands on the walker and he would go!
After a min or two, he would sit and sign "more", 
I would give him another that he would put in his mouth, 
and we would go again until that one was gone.
We skated around on and off for almost a half hour before he was truly done.
I am so freaking proud of him though, 
and towards the end he was having so much fun :)

(video at the end)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images