O hey!

This whole blog world is crazy. I'm gonna say right off the bat that I do THIS -----> I disappear for a few days, a few weeks, a ...

This whole blog world is crazy.


I'm gonna say right off the bat that I do THIS -----> I disappear for a few days, a few weeks, a month even, and I come back here apologizing that i've been gone for so long. 

But really. Why are we all apologizing for being away from our computers and living our lives? 

The craziest part to me is that I wish I could remember the simplicity of when all of this social media didn't exist and we were all JUST FINE without it. 
And completely contradicting that, is me wondering how the F people today don't know what a blog or Instagram is. Haha. 

It's seriously really hard (for lack of a better word at the moment) to think about the fact that people, not that long ago, lived so fucking differently than we do now. 

I'm 29. I've had a "smart phone" for about 5 years. Before that I had a phone that could text (by hitting the 1 button three times just to type a "c"), and before that I had a pager. a PAGER. which makes me laugh because I remember my Dad telling me once that "only doctors and drug dealers have pagers"...little did he know that me and my bestie were paging each other with things like "123" (I love you) and "609" (i'm mad at you). 

Now, I have a phone that would easily let me know how surgery is going (on Brad Pitt if he was having surgery that very moment), or let me tell my "guy" that I want to pick up 20 lbs of weed (hypothetically). But for real, I have this phone that I feel obligated to use as my lifeline, every minute of every day. I'm not the only one...dot dot dot...

I sat in my roommates room tonight as we discussed the pros/cons of refined sugar/sugar/honey and he handed me a book (A BOOK!) (he's in massage school and happens to have a book about food and your body, lying on his night stand), and I opened that book and it felt AWESOME. I even told him how awesome it was that I just looked up something in a book and not on my phone...and then I immediately got sad that Porter will probably never experience that.
Why would I be sad? I don't know. I truly do believe that Google being incredibly accessible has definitely taught me a thing or two, but I miss the times where me and my friends are all sitting around and we disagree on something and we actually have to DISCUSS it rather than just look it up. 

Anyway. Thanks for listening to my random rant (it's 1:30am here, what time is it there?) 

:)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images