She's going to be ok!

Before I start, I want to say that Lucy will have a full recovery :) A couple of weeks ago my dog Lucy got ran over by a van. She was...

Before I start, I want to say that Lucy will have a full recovery :)

A couple of weeks ago my dog Lucy got ran over by a van.
She was with Porter's Dad at work. 
I got the phone call at about midnight and drove down to Denver to the emergency vet he took her to.
They did x-rays there and found out that she had a broken pelvis. They didn't do surgeries there so they kept her overnight and we picked her up the following morning and took her to the surgeon.
They did more x-rays there and found 4 more fractured bones and thought she might have nerve damage.
They did the surgery that afternoon on her pelvis (the other bones will heal on their own).
She was there for two nights after that, they wanted to wait until the sedation wore off to see how much she could control down there (her "bathroom" stuff if you know what I mean.
Turns out the nerve damage wasn't affecting anything! They were also afraid she wouldn't be able to control her tail anymore, but she can and it still curls :)
She has to be in a kennel for two months (as in no running around), but she's doing amazing!
She whimpers and tries to jump around when she sees me and Porter.
Once she's healed, she'll be back to her same old self, and I couldn't be happier!

Her broken pelvis...
 When I first got to see her, around 1am. She was heavily sedated but so happy to see us :)
 Just layin' around in the sunshine :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images