First dentist visit

Porter had his first dentist appointment yesterday. The kid was a rockstar, I shit you not. They raved about how awesome he did and that he...

Porter had his first dentist appointment yesterday. The kid was a rockstar, I shit you not. They raved about how awesome he did and that he was a "model patient". He literally sat in the chair, let her lay it down, opened his mouth, and went with it. They cleaned his teeth and counted them and stuff, not too in depth of an appointment, but the kid did amazing. I was so proud of him. I kinda went in there thinking he already had a cavity, and I was right, unfortunately. He's doomed with bad teeth genes, his dad and I both have had several cavities in our lifetimes. I guess he's got deep crevices in his molars, and that makes it easier to get cavities because food gets stuck in there :( So he's got two starting in both of his bottom molars, despite our twice daily brushing habits. 

Options are A. Do nothing. B. Wrap a blanket around him, laughing gas, novocaine, small white fillings (10 mins of actual procedure) or C. Hospital, anesthesia, procedure. I discussed it with the dentist who has a child his age, and decided on option B. Because he will have these molars for another 9-10 years, I think we need to take care of them before they progress into worse cavities. Obviously going under for a 10 minute procedure isn't an option in my mind, and the fact that he's only 2.5, it may be somewhat traumatic to be wrapped up and get shots, but we don't feel he'll remember it down the road. So next week he'll have them filled, and hopefully that'll solve our deep crevice problem as well. Wish the little guy some luck, he's not gonna be happy when we get outta there :(  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images