Home pre-preschool has begun

I have been wanting to start some sort of structured "school" around here, and this week we finally started, and it's been lo...

I have been wanting to start some sort of structured "school" around here, and this week we finally started, and it's been lots of fun already!
I've been pinning ideas for a while now, and last Sunday I finally sat down and got organized.
I planned the week ahead.
I decided we'll work on two letters a week, a shape, a color (or two), and this week we're working on the numbers 1-5- counting them and recognizing what each looks like.
It's going so great thus far!
We spend about 10-20 minutes at a time, two or three times a day so far. It really depends on what we're doing in regards to how long he'll sit for.
When we're tracing letters and numbers, he doesn't last long- when we're painting and crafting I can get more time out of him.
This week we're learning about the letters A and B, red and green, circles, and numbers 1-5 (with the focus on number one).
{above}
1- we used fingerprints to make leaves (circles)
2. I cut out tissue paper circles and he glued them to the big circle
3. we used different sized circles as stamps
4. I cut an apple in half and we used it as a stamp on a capital A

I've toyed with the idea of homeschool in our futures.
I would love to be the one to teach him, using methods that work best for him.
But it really will depend on where we're at in our lives at that point.
I have a degree, and while i'm working nights at a restaurant right now, I would love to get a job that will better prepare us for the future.
So I guess for now, while I am home with him all day, we'll do what we can, and take it day to day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images