Church, God and stuff.

If you're friends with me on Facebook or Instagram, you've probably seen these pictures recently. About a month and a half ago Porte...

If you're friends with me on Facebook or Instagram, you've probably seen these pictures recently. About a month and a half ago Porter and I started going to church. Flatirons Community Church to be exact. The place is huge, like, 15,000 members huge. Huge, and AMAZING. They're actually building a second location about 45 mins closer to my house than the main building is, so that'll be sweet for when the weather is bad and I can't (or don't want to) drive an hour away.
I've been wanting to go to this particular church for years, and i'm so happy that I finally got around to it. You see, i've never been a big "church person". I was raised Catholic (kind of). I got baptized and my first communion before I can really remember. My Grandmother was a Catholic school teacher, and my mom and her siblings were raised Catholic. Growing up, my mom didn't really force church on us...we only went for holidays and stuff. Then in high school, my friend Val and I found a church (in Illinois, but similar to the one i'm going to now) and would go every Saturday night for a service that was aimed at 20-somethings. It was fun, there was live music, we really enjoyed it. Then I went away to college and church became a thing of the past. I think it was around the time I had Porter that I started to miss it. I felt like something was missing and craved church again. But I let my lack of motivation take over and kept putting it off.
It's kind of like a lot of things for me...it's hard to start, but once I do I get hooked easily. So now we go every Sunday and I look forward to it all week. It's an amazing place to be for that hour once a week, and I feel like it's doing good things for me, especially while i'm in this particular place in my life. I have cried, I have laughed, I have really felt at home here, and i'm looking forward to keeping this a part of mine and Porter's life :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images