Christmas Lights are UNSAFE for kids!!!

Remember this picture of Porter from last year? It was so cute. But after reading about Christmas lights being full of lead,  I f...

Remember this picture of Porter from last year?
It was so cute.

But after reading about Christmas lights being full of lead, 
I feel like a failure for putting Porter in this danger. 
I read this article and now realize how unsafe these lights actually are.
The PVC insulation that insulates the wiring is full of lead, and extremely high levels of it.
So even though these types of photos are ALL OVER Pinterest,
please do your research first, as I should have done.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I understand. My kids are 35, 33 and 22 and I can't count the many times I feel like I let motherhood down:) lol But guess what, they are survived just fine in spite of me:) Live and learn then go on:) It was good that you shared this for other young moms. Just dropping in to meet you and to return the follow:)
    PS What a gorgeous baby picture:)
    Have a amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do this next year when my babies are a year old but I saw all of the warning posts and I was sooo let down. I guess I'll have to find an alternative to the cuteness... no idea what that will be but I'll let you know if I figure it out ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

    notsosimplelifeforme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog ,,love the pictures you have here, very nice
    http://babycakesalicia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea! Thanks for spreading the word. Sometimes it feels overwhelming how full of toxins everything is. I've kind of given up, but if it's something I can easily avoid (like Christmas lights), I will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no clue. Good info to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, thank you so much for stopping by my blog so I could find yours! I had NO IDEA lights were so harmful & to think I was going to do a photo session similar to this, this weekend! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Hope you are having a great week as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did find online that there are lights that don't contain lead...i'm sure they're a lot more expensive, but they're out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel ya, it sucks that everything is so bad for us and our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images