DIY Glitter Ornaments

These are really easy and cheap to make, and look pretty dang awesome on the tree :) You need: Some sort of oil cleaner...I used Ol...

These are really easy and cheap to make, and look pretty dang awesome on the tree :)

You need:
Some sort of oil cleaner...I used Old English Wood Cleaner
Empty glass ornaments
Glitter
 1. Take the top off of the ornament.
 2. Pour in a tablespoon or two of the cleaner.
 3. Cover the hole in the top and shake until the cleaner has coated the inside of the ornament.
4. Turn upside down and let excess oil drain out. This is really important, otherwise the glitter won't coat the inside of the ornament correctly.
 6. Fill ornament with enough glitter to coat the inside.
7. Cover the top and shake.
 8. Replace the lid.
 I used a bunch of different colors of glitter. I used a less fine glitter in two of the ornaments, and it worked alright, but the finer glitter definitely works better!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I wonder who came up with using oil cleaner. I never in a million years would have thought about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea, but what a great idea it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan! Gonna have to give these a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Do you think it would work the same on plastic ornaments? I've been having a hard time finding glass ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these little glitter ornaments! Too cute!

    =) Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it would work on plastic, let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images