{Music Monday} || week 1 ||

I just recently discovered a new blog,  Sugar Blossom , and she has a feature on her blog called "Music Mondays" that I decided I ...

I just recently discovered a new blog, Sugar Blossom, and she has a feature on her blog called "Music Mondays" that I decided I want to take part in every Monday (not to mention her blog is AWESOME and you should check it out every day!). Music is such a big part of my life and there are so many good bands that I feel like not enough people know about. So from now on, every Monday I will do a "Music Monday" feature and link up with Danielle!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





This band- is AMAZING. It is in my top 3 favorite bands ever. 

Straight from their website

"They sing of our nation’s changing landscape and social ills with a commitment reminiscent of Woody Guthrie, while interpolating instrumental timbres that could have been pulled from Celtic or Cajun culture."

"Then there is the newest album from the New Jersey sextet, which is the most cohesive embodiment of their myriad gifts to date—hence the decision to simply call it Railroad Earth—showcasing nine new selections that draw strength and inspiration from an acknowledgment of our shared past, while also embracing new ideas and celebrating diversity… just like America when she is at her best."

"...anyone with ears should recognize its significance as a turning point in a great American story that is still unfolding."


What i'm trying to get at, is that Railroad Earth's music is REAL, from the heart, about real life. It's meaningful and- sadly- that is hard to come by in music today. 

Seeing Railroad Earth live is one of the most amazing experiences. Their music flows through you, causing non-stop movement from the beginning of the show until the end. It honestly has the power to make you happy, and to take your mind to a good place. I've seen Railroad Earth more times than I can count at this point, and they will remain one of my favorite bands probably forever :) 

Enjoy :)





Link up!

Music Mondays with Sugar Blossom Boutique

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking up for music monday! This is just the sort of thing i was hoping for, broadening our minds with music ppl are passionate about! :) thanks for sharing about railroad earth. I hadn't heard of them before, but this makes me want to go see them! xo-danielle

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images