{HELP ME}

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we started transitioning Porter to his crib. We have co-slept up until this point- he even took naps in my ...

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we started transitioning Porter to his crib. We have co-slept up until this point- he even took naps in my bed- but for various reasons, we decided to move him to his crib at this point. He is getting pretty mobile, and he can get off the bed on his own. He also wakes me up every single morning by pulling my hair and clawing at my face. Not fun. 


Well, the first night went AMAZINGLY. He went to sleep, woke up a couple times, but fell right back asleep. The next 4 nights we were out of town for the holiday and he slept in his pack-n-play the whole time with no trouble. Once we got home, he went back into his crib. 

And since then, it's been terrible. He goes to bed at about 6pm, like usual, but then wakes up at 7pm and is up for hours. Sometimes you can get him to fall asleep for a short amount of time, but SHORT. 

So at this point, i'm not sure what to do. It's almost like he just needs a nap around 5 or 6 and then wants to be up for a couple more hours. 

His schedule is as follows:
6:30am- wake up
6:30- play, read, hang out with mom. sometimes has a bottle of about 4 ounces in this time, sometimes not.
7:30- eats breakfast
7:45- play, read, hang out with mom.
8:30- has a 4 ounce bottle and takes a nap
10:00 or 10:30- play
11:30- eats lunch
12:00pm- play
12:30 or 1:00- has 4 ounce bottle and naps
2:00 or 2:30- play, watch teletubbies
5:00- eats dinner
5:30- bath
6:00pm- 5 ounce bottle and sleep
12:00am- 4 ounce bottle

And now 7pm comes and he's wide awake again. 

We have thought about changing his night time schedule around a little bit and having him take a nap around 4:30 or 5:00 (he starts getting cranky around 4:00 or 4:30pm), then eating dinner at 6:00 or 6:30 and bath then sleep. 

BUT- i'm not sure I want to change his schedule because if this is just a crib thing, he'll get over it right? And go back to his normal sleeping? Because honestly, I really like that he goes to bed early. Granted, that means he's up at 6:30am, but I really don't mind that. But even nights that he's up until 10 or 11pm (in this past week and a half) he's still up at 6:30am. 

So I need help! Should I change his schedule? Or tough it out and wait longer for him to get used to his crib? How long does that take? 

He also learned how to pull himself up in there now...we immediately lowered the mattress! 



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, he is so cute! Sorry, I can't tell you anymore than that, but I'm curious to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I will update when there's something to update besides he's driving this mama nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say don't let him nap that late in the day and try to distract him and keep him up till like 7:30? 8 at the latest? Maybe that would help. Babies are all SO different! I feel like I got WAY to lucky with Jasper 7:30 to 7:30 since he was about 6 months old and even now he is laying in bed napping (for 2 hrs) so this next one will probably NEVER sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, his sleeping schedule sounds like mine right now...it's 2:34 AM here and I just can't seem to sleep! If you find a remedy for us non-sleepers, can you share it with me too? Hehe(;
    Goodness! I haven't heard tellitubbies in a while! I used to watch that as a kid.(:

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images