A Time I Was Very Afraid

Day 4 of Blogtember... (remember, the link is on the left sidebar if you want to go check out where Blogtember started!) A time I was afra...

Day 4 of Blogtember...
(remember, the link is on the left sidebar if you want to go check out where Blogtember started!)
A time I was afraid.

My biggest fear is getting into a bad car accident.
About 3 a half years ago, I got in my first car accident. I had just gotten out of class, I had one of my dogs withe me, I was driving home on I-70 at about 70 mph. I was trying to get off at a particular exit, and it came up really quickly. I attempted to cut over to make it and my car started fishtailing (I think I hit gravel or something). I was going head first towards one of those black and yellow striped median divider things. When I realized that I wasn't getting control, I cut the wheel so I would hit the side of my car and not head on, and ended up hitting the striped thing with the right side of my car, towards the back end.
After crashing, my car spun 3 or 4 times and ended coming to a stop in the middle of the highway facing the oncoming traffic that was also going about 70 mph. People were swerving around me and by some miracle no one hit me.
A police officer just happened to be coming up the highway in the opposite direction. He saw the whole thing and pulled across the median and parked in front of my car with his lights flashing to help people slow down and not hit me.
I truly believe that police officer saved my life, and my dogs life. It was only a matter of time before someone who wasn't paying enough attention would have hit me head on going 70 mph. Both Lola and I were fine, not hurt at all, but my car was totaled :(

That's probably the time I was most afraid, in those probably 15 seconds from when I knew I was going to crash until the cop pulled in front of me.

Now if i'm even remotely close to missing an exit, I'll pass it and take the next one and turn around!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images