5 things I hope to teach my son...7:30 AM
1. Treat women with respect. Treat everyone with respect. No matter who they are, no matter what they've done, no matter how much they m...
1. Treat women with respect. Treat everyone with respect. No matter who they are, no matter what they've done, no matter how much they may have let you down- respect everyone, including yourself. Whether it's in the form of a please or a thank you, or being honest and considering their opinions and feelings...respect on all levels. As for yourself, don't talk down about yourself, don't think you're not good enough, be honest with yourself and develop your own opinions, and stand by them. Don't let people walk all over you...you have worth Bubba!
2. Be happy. Don't let the little things bring you down. Choose your battles, and you will end up happier in the long run. Life doesn't always go as planned, but you gotta keep livin'. Be able to move on to bigger and better things when something doesn't work out. Smile. It's contagious. You never know when you could make someones day with your amazing smile. Be happy with what you have, even though some people may have more than you, always know that there are people out there with less.
3. Be kind. Just be nice. You never know what other people are dealing with day to day. If someone is grumpy towards you, think about why they're grumpy, and smile back. Maybe that's all they need. Someone to be kind. You could change someone's moment/day/life just by showing them kindness.
4. Take responsibility for your actions. It will make you a stronger person. You are always the sole one responsible for your actions, no matter how you feel. It's hard to admit you've made a mistake, but as long as you learn from it, it's ok to make mistakes and people will forgive you. You will feel better about yourself when you accept complete responsibility for your life.
5. Think positive. Negative thoughts waste space in your mind and don't get you anywhere. If you think it, you can do it with some hard work and effort. If you want to accomplish things in life, tell yourself you can do it and you'll do it. If you waste too much time worrying about the negative, you'll miss out on a lot of great things in life. Life will NEVER be easy, but focus on the good and it'll get you to great places my dear :)