Grammar Lesson for YOU!

A little grammar lesson for my fellow bloggers :) (I happened to minor in English, and as weird as it may sound, I LOVED grammar and spelli...

A little grammar lesson for my fellow bloggers :)
(I happened to minor in English, and as weird as it may sound, I LOVED grammar and spelling. Everything about them.)

Throughout my childhood, into my teens, I was corrected by my father for the misuse of grammar in my vocabulary. I was raised to believe that you would be perceived as a smarter person if you spoke correctly. I mean, it does make sense- if you are raised in the United States, you should know the language. Flat out. So I did just that...I guess because I wanted people to think I was smart :) Now when I hear people speak incorrectly, it takes all that I have to not correct them. It's not because I think i'm a smarter person than them, I just want them to sound smart too I guess- i'm not sure. I want to save them from sounding like a dumbass in the future. Haha.

Here's some friendly, somewhat funny advice I found on commonly misspelled words. Maybe it will help someone...maybe it won't. But I find it very necessary. We don't always have spell check to help us out (although it does help when you are half asleep and blogging, typing away at top speed to get all of the thoughts out)...but spell check is no miracle worker. Especially when it comes to some of these words. It can't always know how you meant to use a certain word...

Found on TheOatmeal.com. Check out their website...there are a ton of entertaining things to read :)




























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Please vote every day...for my awesome blog....come on....do itttt :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images