BBQ and Potato Skin recipe

Last night we BBQ'ed at our house. Katie, JR and Lily (Jeremy's family) came over, as well as my friend Jamie. So much fun...and it ...

Last night we BBQ'ed at our house. Katie, JR and Lily (Jeremy's family) came over, as well as my friend Jamie. So much fun...and it was like, 60 out so it was perfect weather :)

Jamie painted Lily's face :)
Photobucket

Photobucket


This is what we grilled...except Jeremy burnt a bunch of it. Shoot.
Photobucket

And I made these Potato skins for an appetizer- they turned out AWESOME! I ate 4 halves, haha. DELICIOUS! :) I had posted a pic on Twitter of these and someone asked for the recipe, so here it is:
Photobucket

Ingredients
6 large potatoes
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2/3 cup crumbled bacon
1 medium tomato
1/2 cup green onion
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Precook potatoes in the microwave for 20 minutes. Rearrange them at 10 minutes through.
3. Wrap potatoes in tin foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.
4. Cut potatoes in half and use a spoon to scoop out the white portion of potato. Cover and chill the leftover portion for another use.
5. In a small bowl combine oil and chili powder. Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of the potato halves with the mixture.
6. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon, tomato, and green onion; top with cheese.
7. Bake about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and potato halves are heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired.




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
Please vote every day...for my awesome blog....come on....do itttt :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yum!! Those potato skins sound delicious! I am so in the mood for those now! Haha! Cute face painting, too. I should do that to my girls sometime, they would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, bbq!! :) I'm sooo ready for bbq's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm your newest follower from the UBP11! I'd love it if you would follow back :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Delish! I'll have to try them sometime soon

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images