BBQ and Potato Skin recipe12:11 PM
Last night we BBQ'ed at our house. Katie, JR and Lily (Jeremy's family) came over, as well as my friend Jamie. So much fun...and it ...
Last night we BBQ'ed at our house. Katie, JR and Lily (Jeremy's family) came over, as well as my friend Jamie. So much fun...and it was like, 60 out so it was perfect weather :)
Jamie painted Lily's face :)
This is what we grilled...except Jeremy burnt a bunch of it. Shoot.
And I made these Potato skins for an appetizer- they turned out AWESOME! I ate 4 halves, haha. DELICIOUS! :) I had posted a pic on Twitter of these and someone asked for the recipe, so here it is:
6 large potatoes
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2/3 cup crumbled bacon
1 medium tomato
1/2 cup green onion
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Precook potatoes in the microwave for 20 minutes. Rearrange them at 10 minutes through.
3. Wrap potatoes in tin foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.
4. Cut potatoes in half and use a spoon to scoop out the white portion of potato. Cover and chill the leftover portion for another use.
5. In a small bowl combine oil and chili powder. Using a pastry brush, brush the inside of the potato halves with the mixture.
6. Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with bacon, tomato, and green onion; top with cheese.
7. Bake about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and potato halves are heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired.