Lemon Chicken recipe

So tonight is my first night home alone with Porter. Jeremy went to Fort Collins to hang out with some friends for the night. I wish I could...

So tonight is my first night home alone with Porter. Jeremy went to Fort Collins to hang out with some friends for the night. I wish I could have gone :( Having to pump all the time def puts a limit on what I can do and how long I can be doing it for. Oh well. Not for much longer...

Porter's been a little extra cranky lately. Saturday I started giving him a bottle of a formula at night- gave him one for the first few days- and now he's getting 2 at night. I'm slowly working it into his feedings until eventually at the end of the month he'll be getting all formula. But anyways, it's making him constipated and he gets upset when he's trying to poop and can't. Guess I can't blame him. He went 30 hours the other day without a BM...that sucks. Apparently it's normal though, and the pedi told me to put a warm washcloth on his belly and do the bicycle with his legs. He doesn't like that too much, but it does help. And on top of the not pooping, he has a little head cold :( Poor guy. I started getting sick and then a day or two later, he did. Pedi says all I can do for that is squirt salt water up his nose to help clear out all the boogs. That's helping, because he actually sounds like he can breath better now. 

Anyways, here's some IPhone pics from the last few days-


Yeah, that's snow. Like, 7 inches of it. That's what I woke up to today. Luckily it's sunny every day in Colorado and it all melted today, but still. WTH. It's April! Geez. 

Ok so that's pretty much it. 
Oh yeah- I will leave you with a recipe that's AWESOME. My mom used to make this when I was growing up and I LOVE it. Whenever I go home to visit I want her to make it. Except NOW I can make it myself :) So I do. And it's delicious. SO TRY IT. Your kids will like it...I did!

Lemon Chicken

1 LB Chicken
3/4 Cup Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 Tabelspoons Cooking Oil

1. Beat the meat. Haha. I use a coffee cup (because we lack proper kitchen utensils) to flatten the pieces of chicken. 
2. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Mix eggs and parm cheese in another bowl.
4. Heat oil on a skillet. 
5. Dip chicken in flour mixture, covering the chicken with flour. Then dip the chicken in the egg mixture.
6. Cook chicken in skillet for 5 minutes on each side. 
7. Melt butter and lemon juice in the microwave. 
8. Pour butter mix over chicken.

I usually make rice with it, but you can also make egg noodles instead (that's how my mom makes it). 
SO DELICIOUS. And it takes about 15 minutes from start to finish. 




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs
Please vote every day...for my awesome blog....come on....do itttt :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Beat the meat. I LOL. Okay I will try this. My kids would like this. I love egg noodles! We do a lemon cxn dish, too. But we do it with lots of lemon juice/lemon wedges, garlic, lawry salt, and let it marinate before we grill/bake it. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, those pictures of Porter are just precious. They make me want to have a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am catching up, and this recipe sounds amazing. I have a suggestion. You should make a little linky on your page that will take me to all of your recipes! This isn't the first one that I have seen and wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images