Facebook. Goodbye.

So last Thursday I decided to ditch Facebook. The app's even deleted from my phone. These are my top few reasons: 1. I got sick ...

So last Thursday I decided to ditch Facebook. The app's even deleted from my phone.


These are my top few reasons:

1. I got sick of being addicted to it. I would go on there so often and find myself realizing that I really didn't care about most of what I was reading.
2. I always said "it's such a good way to keep in touch with people that I don't see often." Well, I also realized that there was life before Facebook, and somehow - SOMEHOW - people managed to keep in touch with the people who were important. I have a phone, call or text me. Or a blog, comment anytime!
3. Well, that's it really.

HAHAHA

And ya know what? I don't miss it, not one bit. It is funny though- my friend was over the other day and left Facebook open and on the sign-in page on my computer, and I sat down and automatically logged in (when you deactivate your account, you simply have to log in to reactivate it), and after logging in, I was like "what am I doing??" and logged out, haha. Obviously I need a break from Facebook. I literally sat down at my computer and blankly logged in, not even thinking about it because it's been such habit and routine for almost 9 years now. 9 years. That's kinda crazy!

GOODBYE FACEBOOK! 
It's been real.

(I might start a new Facebook account eventually with a private profile to manage a page for my blog, we'll see...)


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. wow. you are brave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nuts! next thing you know your gunna get rid of your Smart Phone!! That is like plucking out my eyes!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing! I gave it up for 2 days, then couldn't take it anymore and logged in =( I need to try again... stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have had several friend do that!! they say it feels so good to not have "facebook" on their mind all the time. what i try to do is limit how many times i can check it a day. i know some ppl that are on it all day everyday! i am just not that addicted to it.


    http://infintelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks! Although brave may be too strong a word...haha

    On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Disqus

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA, honestly though, I wouldn't be able to live without my iPhone :) But no facebook feels kind of freeing....

    On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Disqus

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels so good!! Its been since last Thursday and I really don't miss it...
    On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Disqus

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so addicted to it, and for no reason I finally realized. I never would have thought a year ago I could ever do it, but it's been so easy!

    On Tuesday, October 11, 2011, Disqus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! You're strong! I could never do it! :) Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images