My little artist

Porter finger painted for the first time yesterday. He loved it! He smeared around the paint for a while, then stared at his hands like &...

Porter finger painted for the first time yesterday.
He loved it! He smeared around the paint for a while, then stared at his hands like "what the hell is this stuff??!?"- it was hilarious.
He painted three different pictures at three separate times. I'm planning on hanging them above his crib in his new room when we move :)

The outcome :)
I decided I wanted to put one of his initials on each canvas, so I used tape and drew each letter on it, and then left the tape on while Porter painted, and pulled the letter off while the paint was still wet. 
I love how the turned out!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This is such a cute idea! Porter looks like he's having a blast! What kind of fingerpaint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great idea!! I might have to 'borrow' this one:) is it edible paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Porter looks like he is having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! We just used crayola washable fingerprints...it came with 4 tubes in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do it, it was tons of fun! It's not edible paint, it's just crayola washable fingerpaints. I made edible paints a few months ago with a recipe online but it turned out to be more like play dough, and he was too young I think. I considered getting edible paints online, but I didn't want to wait so I just bought these at the store. He honestly put the crayola paint in his mouth once and made the most disgusted face, and didn't try it again, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable baby! I did this with my son too but he was much older. Oddly enough, it had the same results...paint everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to try this with the boys, thanks for sharing such a cute idea and so esthetically pleasing as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea! && i love how relatively clean he stayed throughout the process - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative

Flickr Images